The game at a glance
Week 35 of the Ligue 1 season sees OL take on Evian... Alexandre Lacazette's preferred victim...
Recent head to head:
- Olympique Lyonnais 3 – 0 Evian TG FC (Gomis, Lacazette x2)
- Olympique Lyonnais 0 – 0 Evian TG FC
- Olympique Lyonnais 2 – 1 Evian TG FC (Briand, Lisandro)
Evian TG is the team currently in Ligue 1 that OL has played the least. In their 3 previous meetings at the Stade de Gerland, ETG has never won… Evian are Alexandre Lacazette's preferred victims… Home and away, the OL striker has netted five goals against Evian - his best total against any Ligue 1 club...
Played for both clubs
There are no former Lyon players at Evian. Eric Tié Bi, a product of the OL youth academy, played for Evian between 2010 and 2014 and has signed for Greek club Tripolis. Guillaume Lacour, another Tola Vologe graduate and French reserve team champion in 2001, played for Evian between 2010 and 2013 before joining Troyes. Maxime Blanc played for ETG last season before signing for Arles-Avignon in L2.
Sidney Govou joined the OL academy at 17 years of age. He scored 82 goals during his three seasons with the reserves before stepping up to the first team, with whom he played 412 matches, scoring 77 goals. The man from Puy en Velay won seven consecutive French championships with Lyon. He played for Evian between 2011 and 2013, and now runs out for Chasselay in CFA.
A stat for each team:
- 68. Lyon have scored 68 goals so far this season. It's the second time in the club's history that they have scored so many goals at this stage of the season, level with the 2007-08 campaign… that season the club went on to score a record 74 goals after 38 games. Against Reims, OL netted its 3,000th Ligue 1 goal!
- 29.9. Evian have got 29.9% of all shots on target since the start of the season - the worst ration of any club in Ligue 1. ETG have also shot less than any other club with 294 shots at goal in 34 matches.
Benoit Bastien to referee!
Né le 17 avril 1983 à Épinal, Benoît Bastien est licencié à la Ligue Lorraine et a arbitré pour la première fois en Ligue 1 durant la saison 2011-2012. C’est sa quatrième saison dans l’élite.
Depuis le début de saison, il a croisé trois fois la route des Lyonnais c’était contre Monaco (victoire 2 buts à 1), Bastia et Marseille (0-0 dans les deux matchs). Evian a pour sa part été arbitré 2 fois par Mr Bastien, contre Paris (0-0) et Toulouse (victoire 1-0).